Early Christmas -- July-November 2008


Does it sound trite to call something 'my new favourite' every other item? This one is, though, and it'll take some beating. It's Eunny Jang's Print o the Wave stole, knitted in Handmaiden Lace Silk. It's the most beautiful thing I have ever made.


You'd have had regular updates on this throughout the latter half of last year had it not been a Christmas present for my mum and therefore super-secret.


I was quite nervous right up until blocking that I'd made it too tiny and it was going to be more of a scarf/handkerchief than a stole. But turns out they're not lying, and blocking lace is genuinely magic. Clever, eh?


(Can I just point out that the pictures of me were all taken the morning after the night before, in a rush while we had a bit of blessed sunshine, and my slightly glazed squinty look is due to tiredness and the sun being in my eyes? It's not representative of my normal facial expression. No, honestly!)


It weighs almost nothing, it's warm and crisp and soft all at once. Clever, lovely pattern, stunning yarn. And my mum really loves it. I am thrilled with this whole project.

Details: Eunny Jang's Print O' the Wave Stole, knitted in Handmaiden Fine Yarn Lace Silk on 3.25mm circular bamboo needles. Ravelry link.

Labels: , , , , , ,