I'm still alive! Look!

Oh BLOG! I am sorry! Left you out there in July and tripped off for five months with nary a backwards glance. In my defence, it was largely because I spent a goodly portion of those five months knitting unbloggable Christmas presents -- this has reinforced my already quite strong suspicion that I am a slooow knitter. But there we go.

So there are a couple of FOs which require their own special posts, but in the meantime here's some bits and pieces, starting with an update on the lacy jumper I left you with in July:



So, er, not actually finished yet, but I'll pick it up again soon. I finished the body and arms in September and it's been hibernating ever since while I finished the unbloggable gifts. Just the hood and a bit of finishing to go, and if I'm sensible and finish it in the next few weeks, it might actually help ward off some of the ICY COLD that we're facing at the moment (I go back to walking to work tomorrow -- eek!).

Aww, getting it out for photographing it tonight has reminded me how lovely it is! It weighs almost nothing and is ultra-soft (and warm). I'm a wee bit trepidacious that it's going to grow quite a lot when blocked, but I'm choosing to ignore that.

(Apologies, by the way, for the truly awful photography appearing in a couple of places in this post. Can you tell which two are the results of me hurriedly trying to take pictures on the bed in dreadful artificial light this evening? Neither this jumper nor the aran are done any justice at all in these pics. Sorry!)

Some yarn pictures for you:


Seriously Gorgeous Swiss Cashmere, bought at the Knitwitches stall at I Knit London in September. I have to really work hard at not using this yarn as a pillow every night. It's eye-wateringly expensive, but also the softest and most gorgeous yarn I've ever touched. And it's mine! Ha ha!


Also bought at I Knit, this is some Angel Lace. I might dye it, or I might just leave it natural. And as a polar opposite to the cashmere, this cost a teeny-tiny £8 for 1,200 metres!


This is 1kg of non-specific 100% natural aran-weight, sweetly donated to my stash by the beautiful Mme Glitz of Glitzknits. It's going to be, clearly, an aran jumper, and I'm thinking either this (not a great photo) or possibly this. Of course, I should probably finish at least one of the three jumpers I currently have on the needles first (actually, that last one is likely to be frogged).

And, go on, have a sneak peak at a few upcoming blogging items.



More soon! (Well, by my definition of 'soon'.)

Labels: ,