Sister-in-law Mitts -- September 2008



The words aren't really coming, but I have the pictures*, so let's actually get an FO post up shall we? These were a 2008 Christmas present for (surprise) my sister-in-law. It is a satisfying little cable project, and the yarn made a dense and very warm fabric while still remaining quite soft (though SIL has reported they were slightly itchy to start with, however she has since adjusted -- I should probably have washed them in some fabric softener before gifting them). I did an extra pattern repeat to bring them over the knuckles, and did a bit of a tricksy sewn cast-off to stop them flaring. If I made them again (which I might, you know, I liked this pattern) I think I'd add some ribbing at the start.

I like them, and thankfully my sister-in-law does too!







Details: Linda K's Yummy Mummy wristwarmers (ugh, crappy pattern name, also I can only find the pattern on Ravelry, sorry), knitted in Artesano Ltd Inca Cloud on 3mm double-pointed bamboo needles. My Ravelry link here.

* Albeit slightly ropey ones -- my fault, not the model's!

Labels: , , , ,