Cabley Goodness socks -- December 2008 - January 2009

In the spirit of actually posting something, as begun yesterday, I've decided there's no reason you shouldn't see pictures of what I've been up to, even if I don't have much in the way of words. First up, here's my project from last Christmas.



This was an exceedingly satisfying and interesting pair of socks and another beautiful pattern from Eunny Jang. If I were to knit them again my only modifications would be to make the heel a little shorter (fewer rows than the pattern states) and pluck up the courage to knit the heel flap in pattern. Otherwise these are very pleasing (and ultra-warm!) -- they only suffer from my own mental block about actually wearing them lest I damage them! Winter's on its way again though so I think I'll get over that soon enough.





Details: Eunny Jang's Chuck's Cabled Socks, knitted in Rowan RYC Cashsoft 4 Ply on 3.25mm bamboo double-pointed needles. Ravelry link.

Labels: , , , , ,