Ribby Cardi -- December 2006 - July 2009

Hey, look what I finished last year! Remember the disaster? And remember how I put it away and tried to forget it existed instead of fixing it? (hence the 2.5 year time-span on this one, yowser)



Well, in July last year I was coming close to finishing Vivian, was a little nervy about sewing in the zip, and was casting about for something to practice on. And I remembered my Ribby Cardi, and... well, I didn't reknit it -- I blocked it like mad and pretended the gauge difference had never happened. And got it finished (though in the pictures it's still needing a ribbon backing on the zip -- in fact, it still needs a ribbon on one side of the zip, because I did one and then got bored...). I think it turned out pretty well. It's very warm and the yarn's pretty soft (especially considering how cheap it was), but it's not something I wear out and about -- even with adding a few inches to the length it's still a little short for my taste (and the sleeves are a bit short for me too). Handy in this cold weather though, and I do wear it when lounging about the flat.



Aside from increasing the length, not a lot of modifications to the pattern -- I did knit the collar longer and swapped the colours about, but otherwise stuck to it pretty faithfully. Oh, and I used a standard zip because I couldn't find a two-way one.

Details: Ribby Cardi by Bonne Marie Burns, knitted in Elann Peruvian Highland Wool on 4mm and 4.5mm bamboo circular needles. Ravelry link.

Labels: , ,